My motel room has a bath and I soaked for a long time last night.
It feels like an age since I’ve taken a full day off. Even in Kennedy Meadows I ended up making this a Nero and walking out of town late in the afternoon just to escape the craziness that occurs when 100 plus hikers hit town at the same time.
No alarm and a nice long sleep in before tracking down a real latte and breakfast burrito.
It is well deserved day off I reckon, although days in town are not really restful with some much to do.
I had to write a list just to stay on track will all the tasks today:
- Buy a food resupply for the next leg
- Buy a food resupply for Sierra City and mail it
- Return borrowed ice axe
- Send gear home to Australia
- Go to outfitters for gas and new pole tips
- Buy clothes from thrift store so I could wash all my clothes
- Go to laundromat and wash everything
- Back flush Sawyer filter
- Scrub cooking pot and spoon
- Eat healthy
I have breakfast is sorted –
In the next major resupply point, South Lake Tahoe, I will take two full rest days off, a first on this trip.