What you need:
- Dried pears
- 1 cup sugar
- A few whole cloves
- 1 table spoon lemon juice
- 1 tea spoon brandy
- Instant custard powder
What to do:
- Place pears water and set aside to rehydrate.
- Once rehydrated, add just enough water to cover the pears
- Add sugar, cloves, cinnamon and lemon juice
- Cover and let stew gently until pears are done.
- Remove the pears.
- Boil down the syrup until it is quite thick
- Strain and allow to cool enough to set.
- Make up the custard and serve, pouring syrup over pears.