Signage seems to be everywhere you go these days. Recently at Wilsons Prom I came across some strange ones. 5 Mile Beach is remote. We are talking about a 16km walk in to just to reach it. Is there a need to have a sign stating the obvious – that the beach is not patrolled by life guards. Has risk management gone too far? It is a sad state of affairs when land managers absolve themselves of responsibility by erecting a sign but is there a need for the bloody obvious? Most probably a sign of our increasing litigious society. Surely people need to take some personal responsibility. I think New Zealand has go this right on.
- McKillops Bridge uncoventionally June 27, 2015
- Gloucester Tree February 6, 2015
- Launch of Project 40 – Te Araroa Trail Page January 28, 2015
- Reblog of interview with East Gippsland Outdoors editor Andrew Barnes December 23, 2014
- Western Arthurs Range, Tasmania December 23, 2014